At GCR, we aim to partner with families to make a generation of disciples who love God, grow in community, and reach out with the love of Christ. We want to be a church filled with families of all types that love and serve Jesus Christ.
We believe that it is the primary, but not sole, responsibility of parents and guardians to disciple their children. Our church has a role to play in the creation of next generation of disciples through ministering directly to children and equipping parents to lead their children to Christ.
We offer weekly opportunities through Kid City and Gospel Student Ministries (GSM) for your children to encounter Jesus on an age-appropriate level.
We also honor significant milestones in your family’s life by holding child dedications, baptism courses for parents with young children, and other parenting and discipleship courses to empower you to direct your children to Christ.
What is Kid City?
Kid City is our Sunday morning environment for children ages birth – 5th grade, and is offered for all ages during all three services. At Kid City, your children will have the opportunity to learn about Jesus in a safe, fun environment, while you are worshipping and fellowshipping.
What curriculum is used in Kid City?
Where will my children be?
How do I know my children are safe?
The safety of our children is extremely important to us and is something we take very seriously. There are several precautionary policies we have in place to ensure our children are safe:
- We have a single access point for all of Kid City, which is monitored at all times. If someone is entering the Kid City area, we know it.
- All Kid City volunteers are background checked and required to wear a name tag at all times. If you see a volunteer without a name tag, please alert another volunteer or staff member.
- We do not change diapers. You will be paged if your child needs a fresh diaper.
- Two volunteers must be with a child at all times. A volunteer will never be alone with your child.
- We have a secure check-in and check-out system. When your family checks-in, you will receive a parent/guardian tag and a name tag for each child entering Kid City. Children’s name tags include their age and any medical notes you have provided. They will wear their name tags the entire time they are in Kid City. The parent tag will display a unique code which will be displayed on the screen in the sanctuary if we need to page you during the service. You will need to retain the parent/guardian tag in order to pick up your children at the end of the service. Parent tags are required to pick up children and ensures that children are being picked up by the appropriate party. This is a security measure we take very seriously, thank you for your cooperation!
What is Gospel Student Ministries (GSM)?
Where does GSM meet?
What can students expect to experience at Engage?
What can students expect to experience at the Discipleship Community?
The GSM Discipleship Community is a topical Bible study designed to mimic what our adult attenders experience in one of our Discipleship Communities.
Students will walk through a short-term topical Bible study. Topics are chosen by our GSM leadership based on the needs and issues facing the GCCR youth and include things like identity, apologetics, what is theology?, and more. The topics studied in the GSM Discipleship Community are not the same as the teaching shared at Engage.