Serving on Sundays
Serving is a very important part of GCC. It is important to us because we believe that it is important to God. The Bible talks a lot about the importance of loving God, loving other’s, and giving of ourselves. Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” In 1 Peter 4:10-11 it says, “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies – in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever.”
Here is a list and brief summary of ways to serve in the church at GCC:
- Greeting Team – volunteers at this team welcome guests and regular attenders with a warm “Good morning!” and help dismiss them at the end of the services.
- Coffee Team – volunteer on this team and show guests that we love them through a warm cup of freshly brewed coffee.
- Usher Team – this team is responsible for helping our attenders find their seats and worship God through giving of their tithes and offerings (background check required.)
- Connection Table/Welcome Team – join this team to help guests at GCC find their next steps toward connecting at GCC.
- Breakfast Team – this team serve our early morning volunteers by providing them with a delicious breakfast and a welcoming space for fellowship before the first service begins.
(To join any of the Hospitality Teams, click “Hospitality” above.)
- Worship Team – this team is responsible for leading the church in corporate worship each Sunday morning – vocalists, instrumentalists, and percussionists welcome to audition.
- Audio/Visual Team – join this team to provide the church with lighting, sound, photography, and video on Sunday mornings.
(To join any of the Production Teams, click “Production” above.)
- Set Up Team – this team is responsible for transforming our Sunday morning building from a restaurant to a space ready for worship God and teaching from one of our pastors.
- Tear Down Team – this team responsible for returning our rented facility back to it’s original state after worship and teaching.
- Prayer Team – this important team lifts the entire Sunday morning experience (volunteers, guests, preaching, worship, etc.) up in prayer. This team is also available to pray with attenders after each service, and the team prays for our church family throughout the week.
(To join any of the Support Services Teams, click “Support Services” above.)
- Nursery/Toddler Leaders – this team of volunteers cares and prays for our nursery aged children, and teaches our toddlers about the love of Christ at an age-appropriate level in a safe, distraction-free environment.
- Grade School Leaders – this team of volunteers leads pre-K through 5th grade students in engaging, age-appropriate teaching and activities centered on Jesus.
- Middle School Leaders – this team of volunteers leads and develops our students, grades 6 – 8, in discussion about Christ that is relevant to their children their age.
(To join any of the Kid City Teams, click “Kid City” above.)
Office Administration Team – join this team to provide administrative support to the GCC staff during the week from the GCC offices or from your own home or office!